Magazine Featured Articles
Many articles published in the magazine can be written by anyone – readers or authors, enthusiasts or pros. Have you written an article on wildlife photography? Have you visited a location and wish to write an article about the wildlife there? Do you have an inspiring idea for an article? We would love to publish your story in the magazine; write for us and earn cash.
We frequently publish ‘Free to Read’ articles on the website. These articles are designed in order to promote photographers and their writing skills. You can now contribute your own article and see it read by thousands of photographers worldwide.
As we already mentioned, these articles are free for all to read, therefore there is no payment involved. So, what's in it for you? We will promote you and your website to thousands of WPM readers and social media followers.
Article for Approval
First of all we need to approve your article. To do so, you need to send us the written article as well as samples of the images through the submission form via the 'Submit' tab.
Once your article has been approved and you are ready to send us the full content, here is what you will need to submit and how to do so:
- As many images as seem fit for the article. For instance, for a 1,000 word article you will need to include 4-5 images.
- Images will have to be jpg, a minimum of 4,000 pixels on the long side and not highly sharpened.
- Images should not contain copyright signs or digital frames and should be saved at the highest quality possible; remember, you keep all copyright of your pictures. Make sure all digital images are free from sensor dust.
- Images should have all exif data intact. Images without exif data will not be accepted (unless captured in film).
- A document with titles, captions, location and country the images were captured should escort all images.
- Article. This needs to be up to 2,000 words. We accept the actual article on .doc format only, pdf or any other format will not be accepted.
- A portrait of you around 2,000 pixels on the long side. Make sure it is a head and shoulders one and your face is visible and in focus.
- A small bio of no more than 60 words written in the first person and your country of residence.
- Your website URL (optional)
Add all material in a simple zip file (no zipx, rar or any other form of compression, they will not be accepted) and name it "Article Submission".
Send us the zip file via our free file transfer channel, click here to send.
T&C / Rates
We do not accept articles that have already been published elsewhere or articles translated to English by Google. Once your article has been accepted, it cannot be reproduced in its full form or used in any form of media including ebooks, books, magazines, websites (including your own website) and so on for six months after its first publication in Wild Planet Photo Magazine. Six months later you can add the article to your website but not as it has been designed and published in LPM – our article design is fully copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without our consent. This excludes the publication of your images, they are your copyright, you can use them however you wish and publish them wherever and whenever you wish. To promote your presence in the magazine, we will send you special material. Also note that you need to have a minimum of Silver membership with us to qualify for any payments.
Rates / Payment
Article rates depend on length, interest and quality. We will be able to quote rates for your article after its approval.
All payments by Wild Planet Photo Magazine are made via Paypal. In order to receive payments from us, you will need to include your Paypal account email address and also, your full home address. We will not be able to make any payments without these details.